Finding the right memory care facility in Amarillo can seem like a daunting task. You want to make sure that your loved one feels at home even when you’re not there. Plus, most Americans are living on a budget. Affordability is one of the most critical factors in picking a memory care facility. Let’s look at how you can balance your budget and care for your loved one.
In an assisted living facility, seniors can care for themselves and it offers access to an active lifestyle. Families are not required to meet all of their loved ones’ needs alone. Memory care living facility can improve family relationships and reduce stress.
Factors to Consider:
- Do you have a comprehensive understanding of what your loved one’s insurance does and does not cover? It’s a good idea to talk to the provider about what they do cover in regards to dementia assisted living.
- It’s understandable that you’d want to keep your loved one close so you are able to visit regularly. The Cottages are conveniently located throughout Texas. These include facilities in Austin, Houston, Dallas, and Amarillo.
- Your loved one’s needs. Do they need more consistent and intensive care? Or, are they currently more independent? Getting an assessment for their needs may help you pick a facility that is the best fit for your loved one’s needs.
More Tips for Choosing the Right Memory Care Home for Your Loved One
Now that you understand the basics, it’s time to consider other factors that will contribute to your choice. Once you have all of your paperwork in order, it’s a good idea to sit down with your family to discuss your options. Having an honest family discussion will ensure that everyone is on board before firmly choosing a memory care home for your loved one.
- Do plenty of research. Make a list of your top choices. Think about how far you’re willing to travel to visit your loved one at their new home. If the price of care is your biggest concern, remember to factor in travel expenses, as well.
- All Inclusive Costs. Many memory care facilities may seem less expensive when looking at the base rate. Be sure to read the fine print. Look for a facility that offers all inclusive pricing. No matter what your loved one needs, you will be able to stay on budget knowing that they will receive all the care they need at one price.
Overall, your biggest priority when finding Alzheimer’s assisted living is the well-being of your loved one. However, we understand that the family budget can be a concern. Schedule a tour of one of our convenient locations today!